The trick is that the sales person has learned to adapt a "roll with the punches " attitude. The benefit is that by adapting to adversity the minor or major stress factors and life changes have less impact.
Lets start with the smaller practical factors with sales.
- Know who you are.
- Have belief in what you are selling.
- Expect the help you ask for to be given.
- Keep a tab on the follow ups.
- Do your paper work
- Present well, be courteous, mannered and leave with grace.
- Acknowledge that when you are selling there will be many who are not buying. Simple fact. Live with it or do what you have been taught to do about it.
- When you cold call there will be many knock backs. Acknowledge there is a roller coaster ride to sales. Know that you are supported on the bad days, give out to others on these days to. Be part of a forward moving team. Celebrate both the good and bad achievements.
- Rebalance and move on.
- Wow! Are they having a bad hair day or what? Do not take their bad hair day on or it will follow you and your sales team around like a bad smell.